Town planning and design
Sustainability Management Plan (City of Melbourne)
Wave Consulting completed a comprehensive, environmentally sustainable design (ESD) strategy and Sustainability Management Plan for an application for the refurbishment of an existing heritage building and commercial development in the Arden Macauley precinct. The project included energy modelling, water/WSUD modelling, developing an ESD strategy, a Sustainability Management Plan, various workshops and engagements with authorities.
Designing for climate change and extremes
Wave Consulting worked alongside the City of Melbourne to review an iconic building, the Melbourne Town Hall, and its capacity to cope with extreme rainfall climate change scenarios. We developed a model for 42 scenarios across various rainfall event probabilities, rainfall durations, climate change scenarios and degrees of downpipe blockages We inspected the roof twice, provided a CAD drawing with as built data, and delivered a report with recommendations to the relevant council teams.
Green building tours
To assist our town planning and design work, we constantly review and inspect the latest green buildings, to help in determining how we approach future ESD and Stormwater design and planning jobs.
We facilitate and organise tours for architects, engineers, planners and students to tour green buildings in Melbourne CBD. The purpose of these tours is to provide an introduction to the range of innovative water and energy systems in Melbourne’s best green buildings.
Builds we have visited include:
- Library at the Dock - 6 star green building - owned by City of Melbourne - public building
- Lifestyle Working - 5 star green building - owned by Lend Lease - co-working and small business
- 990 Latrobe St - 6 star green building - owned by Melbourne Water - large corporation
- 60L Leicester St, Melbourne's first green building built in 2002 - managed by Australian Conservation Foundation - small businesses and not-for-profits
- Flagstaff Gardens Bowls Club
- 567 Collins St
We regularly sponsor university students to encourage the next generation to join this industry, and fast track our progress towards building more green buildings.